For USA patients
USA is one of the leading countries for assisted reproductive technologies IVF and the use of an egg donor, sperm donor or adopted embryo are considered to be assisted reproductive technologies. A report released in 2017 by the by the U.S. Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) stated that 1 million babies have been born in the United States between 1987 and 2015 through IVF or other assisted reproductive technologies.
The demand for donor eggs from abroad is dramatically increasing, therefore patients and doctors are keen to receive international donor eggs. As an international egg bank, Ovogene ise able to assist clinics and prospective parents in receiving the donor eggs they require. We are a FDA registered egg bank that conduct clinical procedures according to the recommendations of the FDA.
- The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
- FDA's responsibilities extend to the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and other U.S. territories and possessions.
How are Ovogene egg donors US compliant?
- Before a candidate can be qualified as eligible to participate in the egg donation programme, a fertility assessment of each applicant must be carried out. Assessments include hormonal testing for AMH level and an ovarian evaluation which is, based on an ultrasound examination, during which an antral follicle count is performed.
- Personal and family medical history is evaluated and a physical examination is performed. This is done to exclude any potential risks to the donor’s health but also the children who will be born as a result of her egg donation.
- We collect the egg donor’s blood in specialised tubes received from a certified US laboratory within 30 days of egg collection. Then we send the donor’s blood samples to a US laboratory that will conduct the required testing.
- Tested donor biomaterial is separately stored,to provide the highest level of security.
We test egg donors additionally for (complying with US requirements):
- HIV 1, 2 & 0
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Extended genetic testing
Donors are screened thoroughly several times in order to provide clinics, laboratories and individual patients with the highest quality biomaterial.
Currently our USA and Canada egg donor database enlists 600+ vitrified donor eggs. All our donors have been meticulously interviewed, and profiles include information about the donor's appearance, education, family history, hobbies, etc.
Extended donor profile
In our extended donor profile you will find:
- General information about about donor: height, weight, age etc.
- Education: a description of her favourite school subjects, university degrees etc.
- Interview and personality assessment with the donor,: helps an individual to understand what type of person thedonor is.
- Adult and childhood photographs.
- Donors genealogical tree: a brief family history.
- Message to a future child: the motivation behind why this woman made a decision to donate her eggs.
Benefits of purchasing from Ovogene egg bank for American IVF clinics, laboratories and individual patients:
- Prices of frozen donor eggs from Europe are much lower than at most USA egg banks
- Age of our egg donors correspond to ASRM requirements: young women between 18 and 34 years old.
- Fully screened egg donors.
- Proven fertility guaranteed.
- All donors are approved by FDA certified laboratory.
- Guarantee packages on donor oocytes and embryos.